A fantastic opportunity for a personable and motivated Office Manager to join a fascinating and ambitious AI tech start up based in lovely offices in Hammersmith. You will be supporting the Operations Manager ensuring the smooth running of the business day to day, whilst also taking care of the team’s wellbeing and keeping spirits high.
Your day-to-day will be very diverse, but duties will include:
- Co-founders support: Assisting the co-founders with diary management, travel arrangements, lodging, business meal planning, business expenses management, and other ad-hoc support
- Onboarding and offboarding support: Supporting the HR and Finance team with key employee lifecycle events (such as onboarding, offboarding, performance reviews, etc.), including overseeing user management of various software programs, handling equipment purchase of company laptop or another electronic device for new employees and monitoring order history; Managing office access and room bookings
- HR Admin Support: maintaining our human resources platform 'bob' and company policy library 'Notion.' Maintain administrative processes, documents record-keeping, and invoices, in coordination with the accountant, to enable reliable financial reporting
- Team events & communications: Coordinating and organising social events, team meetings, and other team activities; Managing company-wide communications on special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, and others)
- Office Support: managing stationery, office supplies, and consumables
- Expense reports: Assisting with small value business expenses management, including the processing of invoices and recording of bank receipts; Managing various software and other subscriptions; Handling expense reports and other miscellaneous expenses (team events, group lunches, and others).
- Liaising with the suppliers: keeping track and managing our vendor relations (suppliers, event organisers, office maintenance partners, etc.)
To be successful in this role, you should be open-hearted, outgoing, and value your ability to help people as the first priority. You will have an exceptional opportunity to communicate with all teams, so superb communication skills are of high importance.
- Proven experience in a similar business support / team administration or office manager role
- Proven experience or training in an office manager or operations role in a quick growth / startup environment
- Breadth of support experience: EA, events, admin, business support
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, G Suite software
- Strong analytical, time management, prioritization and organisational skills for working across multiple departments/disciplines
- A positive and ambitious person always keen to take on new challenges
- You are outgoing and excited to be part of shaping the company culture and comfortable being the go-to-social person
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am-6pm 5 days a week in the office.
Lovely benefits including; share options, pension contributions, £1200 per annum cultural/sporting allowance and 25 days holiday.